Casting Schedule

For the past two weeks we have been casting like crazy. We had to stop last Monday to give the modules sufficient time to dry before sending them to the kiln.

Before casting we used Rhino to digitally simulate different aggregations on the wall to help us decided how many pieces of each variation we wanted. Once we had found that number we started creating a schedule to see how close we could get to that number. We had to re-evaluate the number and switch a few modules, since we had limitations with the mold tops and bases.

This is the schedule we create for casting the modules.

casting session, take 2 for blog

We were able to make even more extras than listed here, which is very fortunate since nearly half of the largest planter opening module cracked\broke.

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s